A golf holiday in Austria in Salzkammergut
Playing golf around Hotel Sommerhof in Gosau
It is not surprising that golf enjoys the best conditions in Salzkammergut's vast valleys. In light of the picture postcard mountain scenery, lush green fields and peaceful lakes you play golf in Salzkammergut in an environment that could not be any more beautiful. You can reach no less than 10 golf courses in a radius of 90 km around Hotel Sommerhof in Gosau. The nearest golf courses are in Bad Aussee (Ausseerland golf club, approx. 30 km away) and in Bad Ischl (Salzkammergut golf club, approx. 33 km away).
Golfing in stunning mountain and lake scenery
You can reach two wonderfully situated scenic golf courses in roughly half an hour. In Bad Ischl you play golf on a historic course, the Salzkammergut golf club was founded in 1933. It is one of the oldest clubs in Austria. The outstanding reputation of the greens in Bad Ischl that goes way beyond its borders, is thanks not least to the perfect maintenance and technically varied game over 18 holes. However, golfers from far wide also appreciate the relaxed atmosphere.
Golf in a simply magical setting also awaits you at the nearby Ausseerland golf club on the outskirts of Bad Aussee. You will not be able to get enough of the fantastic views over the Dachstein, Sarstein, Loser, Trisselwand, Totes Gebirge and Zinken.
Another golf treat in Salzkammergut that keen golfers should not miss is the Gut Altentann golf club. The golf course in Salzburg's lake district was created by Jack Niklaus and is a member of the Leading Golf Courses of Austria.
Golf courses in Salzkammergut
A summary of all 10 golf courses in Salzkammergut:
- Ausseerland golf club (9 holes, par 70) (approx. 30 km)
- Salzkammergut golf club near St. Wolfgang (approx. 33 km)
- Traunsee-Kirchham golf club (approx. 73 km)
- Waldhof golf club, Fuschl am See (58 km)
- Drachenwand am Mondsee golf club (9 holes, par 70) (approx. 65 km)
- Attersee golf club in Weyregg (9 holes, par 68) (approx. 56 km)
- Golfclub am Attersee (18 holes, par 71) (approx. 65 km)
- Gut Altentann golf club in Henndorf am Wallersee (18 holes, par 72) (approx. 77 km)
- Salzburg golf club, a romantic course in Fuschl (9 holes) (approx. 62 km)
- Golfclub am Mondsee (18 holes, par 72) (approx. 62 km)
Playing golf in Salzkammergut
Enjoy the game on grass in one of Austria's most stunning holiday regions, Salzkammergut between the federal states of Upper Austria, Styria and Salzburg. The family-run Hotel Sommerhof in Gosau is ideal as the starting point on your golf holiday and is looking forward to receiving your no-obligation enquiry!