Ski region Dachstein West
One of the best family ski resorts in Austria
Are you ready to glide across the slopes at the foot of König Dachstein, practise ski turns in Fredyland or become a jumping hero in the snow park? The largest and one of the best family ski resorts in Austria is just a few steps away - literally! A 5 minute walk will take you to the Hornspitzbahn, which carries you to the heart of the Dachstein West ski region. And that really has it all!
"First, enjoy the pristine powder snow on the pistes, then warm up in the wellness area: That is just how a ski holiday should be!"
Just as every snowflake is unique, so are the kilometres of pistes in Dachstein West. 160 in total, they range from easy to medium to difficult and are just as suitable for families as they are experienced pros. There is hardly a visitor who does not enjoy the fun slopes: from the "Wilde Hilde" to the "Donnergroll". The Marcel Hirscher slalom course with time measuring, mogul slopes, snowcross facilities and wave tracks also ensure a thoroughly action-packed and varied day of skiing.
SKI-CELLAR, FREDYLAND & SNOWPARK: EVERYTHING FOR SNOW LOVERS
Skiing without the hard work is included at the Sommerhof. You can safely store your equipment in the hotel's own heated ski cellar. It is located directly on the piste at the valley station of the Hornspitzbahn. Fredyland for the children is also within walking distance and offers an all-white adventure world with magic carpet, wave run and Fredy meadow. The Dachstein West ski region is therefore also an ideal ski area for children in Upper Austria. But even bigger skiers get their money's worth at the Ötscher lift right next door: with the weekly night skiing in the dim floodlight. And if you can't get enough of the winter wind and adrenaline kick, try the jumps, slides, corners, boxes and wave rides at the Playground Snowpark. The Snowpark with its own park lift is located near the top station of the Hornspitzbahn.
SKI SCHOOL AND SKI HIRE: OFF TO THE SLOPES!
No ski champion has ever fallen from the sky, but many have been born here! After all, the Gosau Ski School in the immediate vicinity welcomes students of all ages. Whether first experience on the slopes or ambitious technique courses, whether private or in a group, whether skiing, snowboarding or cross-country skiing: The Bambini Club courses and the range of courses for young people and adults offer something for everyone. It's best to book your courses at the Gosau Ski School from home!
The right equipment is also provided - the ski rental is under the same roof. You can also conveniently reserve your equipment online at the Gosau Ski Hire or at Sport Jirka. Strap on your skis and explore one of the most beautiful family ski areas in Upper Austria!
YOUR SOMMERHOF ADVANTAGE IN WINTER
- Hotel in the middle of the ski region - you are only 200 meters from the slopes!
- Our heated ski depot is right on the slopes and at the children's ski area - included in your stay free of charge.
- A good 40 km of cross-country ski runs and winter hiking trails await in front of the hotel door.
- Our heated outdoor pool with indoor access, the jacuzzi and the saunas warm you up on cold winter days.
- Wonderful breakfast buffet (7:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.), small lunch buffet (12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.), hearty and sweet delicacies (3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.) and 4-course menus with a choice of salad buffet or evening buffets dinner (6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.), as well as a children’s menu or children’s buffet and other included services.